Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Cliche Christmas by Nicole Deese

This was so, so good! I loved it!

Finding a good Christmas story can be hard to do, but this book was perfect. It balanced all the Christmassy stuff, romance and was well written. Georgia is a successful screenwriter, her specialty Christmas movies. She spends her whole year working and writing Christmas movies and usually takes the month of December off to go on some exotic vacation. This year, her grandmother ropes her into returning home to work on the towns Christmas pageant. When she returns she comes face to face with Weston James, the very person who made her flee home seven years before.

I loved the relationship between Georgia and her Nan, very sweet. I also liked Georgia, she was easy to root for. It was nice to see her find peace and love. Speaking of love, wow I really liked Weston! I thought they had a nice relationship, it progressed nicely. It wasn't insta-love or insta-forgiveness. They had great chemistry and banter, but I liked the underlying of respect they had for each other. I liked that it wasn't completely conflict-free, they had to work through some issues, but it made their relationship that much stronger.

I loved the setting of Oregon and the Christmas feel. I half expected to find snow when I walked outside! I'm so glad I found this gem and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Deese's books! Go grab a copy!

Content: CLEAN

Source: Amazon Kindle Unlimited

Nominated for a 2014 Swoony Award (read it and then come vote for it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!